May 29th, 2020
Molly Patt is the radiation oncology department administrator at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center. Patt joins SROA to share her experience of implementing a visual management board that is utilized within her department by Patient Service Specialists. Pratt discusses what the visual management board is used for, how her staff is able to use the information, how the team was able to implement workflow processes that are successful and how weekly huddles have empowered staff.
Patt was a poster presenter and this podcast was recorded at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
In this episode, you will hear about
- Concept of weekly huddles (0:26)
- Staff's response to weekly huddles (3:02)
- How long it took staff to have fun with the huddles (4:24)
- Improvements in operational outcomes (5:19)
- Different responsibilities of staff in weekly huddles (6:50)
- Advice to administrators (8:17)
- What the visual board looks like (9:46)
- How huddles work (10:26)
- Feedback from staff (11:01)
- Some improvements for the huddles (12:05)