Feb 20th, 2020
Kim Lear is a writer and researcher who explores how emerging trends impact the future of our workforce and marketplace. As the founder and content director of Inlay Insights, Kim is at the forefront of cutting edge research to uncover cultural shifts that revolutionize how organizations engage employees and consumers. She is known for her ability to use a mix of data, storytelling, humor, and actionable takeaways to discuss the trends that most impact the bottom line of organizations. Previously, Kim was the content director at a research firm dedicated to generational and Millennials trends. Her undergrad research is around Baby Boomers and longevity. Her post-grad work is around Millennials and social media networks.
Recorded at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL, Kim talks about generations in the workplace.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Myths surrounding the multigenerational workforce? (0:17)
- Why generations are a hot topic (1:46)
- Generational hazing (2:06)
- Why every generation thinks the other generations are wrong (2:56)
- Generations and inclusivity (4:22)
- How to bridge gaps between generations (5:53)
- The struggle of knowing how to "turn off" (8:10)
- What leaders need to know for managing a multigenerational workforce (11:16)